Saturday, December 10, 2011

Unit 5 Blog- The Subtle Mind

This meditation exercise, unlike last week was a little more difficult to get into. I did enjoy the breathing part of it, because it did help me to relax but I found I was not able to keep my thoughts from drifting all over the place. It has been a rough week for me and I have a lot going on with my family so perhaps this is one of the reasons for my lack of focus. I was able to get back in focus once i continued to focus on my breathing, it just never lasted very long and I continually had to remind myself to focus on my breathing. After a time it became frustrating. I think I will try it again tomorrow. Or maybe I will go back to the loving-kindness meditation, which I really enjoyed and just work my way back up to the subtle mind exercise.
When you think about it, these all go hand and hand at some point. Mastering one will help to put you in the right mindset to do the next.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that trying to tune out and quiet preoccupations that are difficult to get past is hard. I found that even though I focused on my breathing, I was literally watching my lifes noise go past. I need a lot of practice it seems. But, I will utilize the love and kindness exercise until I am better able to focus and control "noise". If I want to gain health, I need to learn how to rest my mind and live with silence. Good luck. Either exercise will help you flourish towards good health and happiness.

    LaVenus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree I enjoyed the loving kindness meditation. The only problem I have with any of the exercises is the higher pitched womens voice, I do so much better with a soft mans voice, it relaxes me far better. I have to say when concentrating with just my focus on breathing I was able to do, as when my mind would wander I knew to drift right back to keeping track of my breathing. Everyone is so different with what relaxes them and what annoys them. My advice for you is to go back to loving kindness as it works for you and then try other cd's with similar concepts, it can only be a positive step toward training your mind and reaching calm abiding and unity consciousness. Good Luck, if we all hang in there we can do it with positive results:)

    ReplyDelete